Record #: 19

Last Updated: 7/15/2013

Equipment Designation: Diesel Locomotive

Unit Number: 101

Type: GP-7

Category: Locomotive

Equipment Location:

Original owner or donor: RF&P

 
Description: Built by EMD in 1953 and originally numbered RF&P 104.  Part of four unit order (101-104) built in 1950 (order #5066) and 1953 (order #6197).   Rebuilt in 1986 at Bryan Park Shops from parts of GP-7's RF&P 101, 102 (567BC engine), 103 and 104 (shell), and a control stand from a GP-35.  Donated to ODC in June, 1986 and leased to Buckingham Branch RR in July, 1991.
   
OLD DOMINION CHAPTER-
NATIONAL RAILWAY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Richmond, VA. USA
 

RETURN TO INDEX